So this week has been quite an experience. I had my first baptism with Elder Andrade. My companion let me baptize her. Her name is Maria das Neves Siqueira da Silva. It was a great opportunity. She has literally changed her life around in the matter of weeks. She has stopped smoking, and drinking coffee. She has developed a strong testimony of the restored gospel. I am blessed to have been a part of this. I give all credit to Heavenly Father for our success. We are simply instruments in his hands. He prepared her for this day and we are simply here to guide these people to the path of the Lord.
We are teaching lots of other people too. Mostly families. My companion and i have really set a goal to teach more families because the gospel really blesses them more and the home is the perfect place to learn the gospel together. The family can also go through the temple and be sealed together for all eternity. But to sum it up families just have more potential. In one of the families we taught this past week, the grandma who lives there and who we taught and visited with as well past away this past friday. It has been really rough on the family and we have been there helping them out and just having them talk to us. I can tell just listening to them alleviates a lot of their stress. They are a family of 8. I think the gospel will really help this family as we continue to visit and teach them and relate it to their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment