This past week has been amazing. We found and taught an amazing family this week. Marcos, Edigane and their two kids just have a great spirit about them. After many visits this past week he decided to be baptized. The mom is deaf so teaching has been a struggle with her but both her and her husband have already noticed changes in their lives from living the gospel. He received a job this week 5 days after he started reading the Book of Mormon and sincerely praying. He and his family visited church with us this Sunday too. His testimony is growing and his desires to share the gospel with his family are increasing. It is really a beautiful thing. My companion and I have been praying for a while that we would have been able to find a family like this. Their lives are changing for the better and never will be the same again! Im so grateful to God for these opportunities. They are truly priceless.
The Lord is really moving his work forward in these last days. Our mission, Rio de Janeiro will be split into 2 missions this summer. I do not know where I will go or which mission I will be in but I know that the Lord will put me where I need to be to carry his work forward. Our mission president had a meeting with us this past week before it was announced on Saturday about the division of our mission. He testified that the Lord has and is preparing families here. He testified that he knows the Lord has a plan to build a temple here in the near future and that he needs more missionaries because there are more people ready to receive the gospel. Any ways it was a really cool experience and i am very motivated to continue working hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment